Sunday, July 18, 2010

Short, Sweet, Sunny-side Up


I’m tired of angst.  Quite an ironic statement for a blogger I suppose, but the negativity is really getting me down.  So I’ve decided on a little experiment: I’m going to be an undying optimist.  There are so many good things going on right now, and I would hate to let myself get bogged down in problems and trivial shit.  Don’t get me wrong; I am well aware I’ve got problems.  All sorts of them.  But worrying hasn’t really done much for me so far.  I just want to roll with the punches for once, and see how much fun I can have before it all catches up with me.  Doesn’t that sound like a cool idea? Its like jumping on the moon; I’ll shed my gravity and nothing will hold me down.  The way I see it the worst thing that can happen is I land: the experiment fails, and I have to deal with things I would have had to deal with anyways.  So consider this fair warning: be prepared to keep up.  And if I do crash, expect to see me climb from the rubble saying “Damn, that was fun.”

1 comment: